maandag 10 oktober 2011

Keri Ford – On the Fence

The second novella in the Uninhibited in Apple Trail, Arkansas, series, published February 2011. I’ve won this novella on Pearls World of Romance blog a while ago.

On the Fence

If Shellie Chambers has to hear one more condescending comment from her mother about life or men, she might scream. She packs up and takes a trip to see her long-missed high school friend, Riley. He’ll know exactly what she needs to loosen up. But instead of the girl-chasing jock she remembers from their youth, Riley’s gone country, keeping up a farm of his own.
Riley Hamilton has settled down on a farm his uncle left to him. Not the life he ever envisioned, but after getting a girl pregnant in college and then watching helplessly as the baby was aborted, he learned the hard way it was time to settle down. Shellie’s reentry into his life reminds of his wild past and it’s a fight to ignore the tempting woman Shellie has become.


This is only a sort and hot read, which I enjoyed. If I would try to write a review about it, I would just tell the whole story, and that is not something I want to spoil for you. So, I won this book at Pearl’s blog, and I am going to use my own version of her Quick Score Card reviews, as I like them.

Hero: hot rancher, trying to behave himself with his old school friend
Heroine: sexy little rich girl, trying to please mommy, but really sick of that, and wanting to start living her own life on her own terms. And suddenly seeing her old school friend with adult eyes.
Secondary characters: the previous couple, and some guests at a party. No real involvement in the story.
Romance: Believable, friends to lovers, but I think they always were in love.
Plot: Not really there, but I liked the story.
Heat-level: Hot. Lots of out-door sex scenes for such a short story.
Writingstyle: Like it a lot, could use some more editing for the typo’s. Fluent, and filled with humor.
Summary: A nice little novella, perfect to relax with for an hour. Two characters you can like and perhaps relate to. I am certainly going to read more by Keri Ford, and hope she will write a full length novel soon.

7 stars

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Eh, can just as well skip it, I am in a skipping mood ;) Mostly I just wanna go back and read my book, lol

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. ha! Out door sex? Good thing I wasn't driving by at the time they were getting it on or I would have crashed and burned. LOL

    I really like your review style for this one, Aurian. Thanks for sharing. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Outdoor sex? Kinky. I like LOL

    I might give this a try, but I don't really like novellas because they are soo short. Nice review though :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. @Blodeuedd: go back to your book ;)
    @Missie: well, he has a ranch, and no-one will see them ;). Thanks, I like it myself as well, makes it easier to review a short story.
    @Tyraa: Thanks :) I have won three novella's so now I'll have to read them. They are not bad so far, and fill a reading hour. If I would start a new book, who knows what time I will stop reading again ...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen