dinsdag 15 mei 2012

Love Letter Convention in Berlin, June 2 and 3, 2012.

LLC2

For a few years now, I have read the stories from fellow bloggers and authors about the famous conventions in America. Romantic Times, Authors after Dark, Comic Cons, you name it. Wishing to go one day, but unfortunately, for me it is too expensive to go and especially to stay in America.
But now, there is finally a small convention in Europe! In Berlin, Germany, and that is only a 6 hour drive away from where I live in Holland. So, I am going! With some of my book friends and of course my best friend and fellow booklover/bookaddict Freya! We are going to have so much fun there!

So, who are we going to meet? What do you think when I tell you: Nalini Singh, Lara Adrian, Maya Banks, Larissa Ione, Lisa Marie Rice, Shannon McKenna and Bella Andre.
And some German authors, but unfortunately, I don’t read German (nor speak it very well as it has been so many years since I finished highschool), so I don’t know their books.

Here is a link to the convention site, it is in German though.
http://loveletterconvention.com/
The admission fee is very reasonable, so when we found out about this, we immediately ordered tickets. The anticipation has been building for months now, and the time is almost there.

The convention will take the whole weekend, with lectures and Q&A sessions, and I am certain it will be lots of fun. We are going to meet some other bookbloggers and booklovers I only know thanks to the Internet. Freya and I will be staying in Berlin from Wednesday till Monday, in the Ibis Hotel Berlin Spandau, which is very close to the convention center.

I am Aurian, I am a 40 year old Dutch woman, and I am a bookaddict. As you have found this blogpost, this is my blog, and you are welcome here. My Twitter name is xAurianx.
My best friend is Freya, she is a 42 year old Dutch woman, and she is also crazy about books (and she knows German! which means she will be the official interpreter for the Dutch fans). She only blogs in Dutch, but her blog is www.boekenlijstjes.blogspot.com. She is not on Twitter, but perhaps you all will persuade her to join the fun.

So, tell me, are you going? Share with us where you are from, and if you have a blog we can visit, or a Twitter name, so we can become acquainted ahead of time. Do you know other people who are going? Send them all over and lets have a great time in Berlin :)


11 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh you have fun and TAKE lots of pictures! Lara, Larissa, and Nalini are sooooo sweet :)

    Have a great time!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I can't waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!
    I have booked my plane tickets. I just need to safely drive to Luxembourg first LOL
    This is going to be so much fun *g*
    I think it's great that we have our own European convention.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. In the excitement I forgot to add about myself. So here we go:

    Hi! I'm Caroline, I'm 26 and I'm French. I'm addicted to books and knitting. My twitter name is @pattepoilue.
    You can find me on Book Lovers Inc as The HEA Lover (http://www.bookloversinc.com/)
    And I blog about books and knitting with my bestie (Susi) on The Secret HEA Society (http://secretheasociety.blogspot.fr/)
    This is going to be my first time in Germany and I don't speak one word of German!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ohhhh I'm sooooo excited too!

    Okay about myself:
    I'm Susi, I'm German and I'm, as bf always says, 3^3 LOL. As Caro I love reading, knitting and audiobooks. My twitter name is @Susi_Sunshine and you can aslo find me at www.bookloversinc.com and http://secretheasociety.blogspot.com/

    I can't wait to meet you all. Caro and I will be there from Thurs-Mon too. We plan to do some sightseeing on Friday. *g*

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I'd LOVE to join you, but..bf and I want to buy a flat some day and Germany is might far away then

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I concocted a short bio of myself on my blog, in English, especially for LLC! ;-)

    http://boekenlijstjes.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I'm in America and I can't afford all those great book conventions. I was lucky to get a ticket here to go to at least one. I'm so happy you finally get one in Europe! YaY! Have lots of fun and let us know what you are doing when you go! I wanna live through you!! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Hi, I'm Karen, and I am from Denmark. It's so great that we finally get a convention in Europe, and I really hope that it can become an annual thing :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Hi Karen, welcome to my blog :) do you have a blog as well I could visit? And yes, I so do hope it is going to be an awesome weekend and that it will only be the first of many!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Hi Aurian,
    I'm Peggy and I'm from Belgium. I'm also going to the convention. I'm staying in Berlin from friday till Monday. I'm really looking forward to my first convention.
    Have fun!
    (P.S. I think we met before through other forums.)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Hi Peggy, nice to meet you again! For anyone who is reading this: tonight, friday june 1, drinks with authors in hotel bar Ibis Berlin Spandau, and after that dinner in Italian Restaurant called Cappuchino a very short distant from here. It is so cool that most authors are staying in this hotel! I've already met 2! So, if you want to join us, please feel free and come!

    Aurian (from Berlin, Germany!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen